There are only a few countries which have agreements with Mongolia enabling their nationals to visit without a visa. Normally visitors need to apply for a visa before entering Mongolia.
Business visas (B visa) suitable for short term visits for meetings and conferences are relatively easy to obtain and rely on a letter of invitation from your or another Mongolian company.
For longer stay, multiple entry visas and work permits, you will need to consider an investor visa (T visa) or an employment visa (HG visa).
How we can help
We can help with the following:
- guidance on visas including HG visa quotas
- arranging business, investor or employment visas including investor cards, residency and work permits
- local assistance for your visiting or resident expats including orientation and guidance on accommodation
- management of visa renewals
Please see our section on expatriate relocations for other ways in which we can help your staff.
Points to consider
Please consider that:
- investor visas are rationed depending on a company’s investment in Mongolia
- investor visas are relatively cheap and generally companies allocate them to the Executive Director and/or the shareholders’ representative
- employment visas are rationed depending on the company’s expat to local employee ratio as set out under Mongolia’s quota system
- the quota itself varies depending on the business activity of the company and the amount of investment it has made
- employment visas carry a larger fee